Purple macadamia

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

our first lady

I was doing the dishes when I thought of writing a short poem for my family to inaugurate my blog.
Somehow, this came out when I sat down and wrote…
Dedicated to dear michael, bryan and shandy. And of course, our first Lady.....

At first there was Lady
Lady was our corgi
Then came Bryan baby
Adding one to three

He calls his daddy papa
Calls his mama mummy
Calls his Lady doggy
He’s a happy baby

Happy baby likes his doggy
Wants to touch and play with Lady
But doggy’s a little weary
Ready to snap at little fingers itchy

Then came sister Shandy
B and S keep mummy busy
Poor Lady becomes moody
Takes it out on the confinement lady

Now corgi’s with another family
We hope that she is happy
It was so tough to let her go
Now where she is, we do not know

On quiet nights I think of her
Her soulful eyes and comforting fur
Her crazy romps on the beach
Her hungry look as she waits for her treat

Our morning walks at marina bay
Our photo sessions on sunny days
I hope she senses me writing this
To say how much of her we love and miss



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home